Learn the latest on Mastering Corporations, Partnerships, & LLC's with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to 77 pages of course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Mastering Corporations, Partnerships, & LLC's Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
Against the backdrop of a weak economy, mastering the principles related to the formation and operation of corporations, partnerships, and LLC’s has gained significant importance. Understanding these legal issues is a vitally essential skill for attorneys and professionals ranging from in-house counsel to those protecting assets from plaintiffs and creditors, as well as attorneys enforcing judgments and collecting on debts. This program will also be of interest to those practicing corporate law as well as taxation. The seminar faculty includes three of the country’s leading practitioners in the field, who will cover making sense of tax and legal choices in choosing business entities, avoiding common tax pitfalls, considering tax efficiency in corporate structures, as well as effectively forming corporations and partners. Special emphasis is also paid to understanding securities law concerns, legal issues related to management, and effectively using corporate membership interests as collateral. Registration includes course and reference materials that serve as a reference source for many of your planning needs and will outline and diagram the planning techniques and structures discussed during this convenient, on-demand seminar. Agenda: Choice of Entity & Tax Issues for LLC's, Joint Ventures, Partnerships, & Corporations:
1. Making Sense of Tax and Legal Choices in Choosing the Proper Form of Business Entities
2. Contemplating the Life Cycle of the Business
3. Avoiding Common Taxation Pitfalls
4. Considering Tax Efficiency in Corporate Structures
5. Dealing with Tax Exempt Members Effectively Forming Corporations & Partnerships:
1. Effectively Forming Business Entities
2. Allocations of Income, Gains, Losses, and Liabilities
3. Legal Issues Related to Management
4. Avoiding the Sins of Boilerplate Provisions
5. Contemplating Alternative Dispute Resolution in Partnerships and LLCs Using LLC Membership and Partnership Interests as Collateral:
1. Whether an Interest is a “Security” under Article 8 or a “General Intangible” under Article 9
2. Understanding How Lenders Take Security Interests in LLC & Partnership Units
3. Creation, Attachment, Perfection and Priority of a Security Interest
4. Perfection by Filing
5. Value of a Control Agreement Recorded Question & Answer Session with the Experts Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Leon Andrew Immerman
is a Partner at Alston & Bird, where he concentrates on federal income tax matters, including domestic and international tax planning and transactional work for joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations. Mr. Immerman has helped structure many sophisticated partnership and limited liability company transactions. He has represented the target or the acquirer in numerous corporate mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Immerman is a frequent author and speaker on domestic and international income tax topics. His articles have appeared in numerous publications. Mr. Immerman is listed in THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA, CHAMBERS USA: AMERICA’S LEADING LAWYERS FOR BUSINESS and SUPER LAWYERS magazine. He is a graduate of Yale Law School and holds a Ph.D. from Princeton University.
2. Trygve E. Kjellsen
is a Partner at Lathrop & Gage, where he focuses his practice on corporate and securities work. He has extensive experience representing private and public companies in all aspects of equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, joint ventures and public company reporting with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Kjellsen has additional expertise in the financial services industry. Mr. Kjellsen served as counsel for First Data Corporation, where he advised senior management on regulatory issues concerning prepaid and stored value card products, general corporate matters, and strategic planning. He began his career at a Wall Street firm in New York City.
3. Herrick K. Lidstone, Jr.
is a Shareholder at Burns Figa & Will PC, where he concentrates his practice in business transactions, including taxation, mergers and acquisitions, and securities. He is a highly sought after author, speaker, and expert witness. He is the author of the Securities Law Deskbook (Bradford Publishing, 2011 supp.), co-author of Federal Income Taxation of Corporations (6th Edition), and has contributed to Legal Opinion Letters Formbook (Aspen Law & Business, 3rd Ed. 2010 and previous Supplements). Mr. Lidstone has lectured at the Institute for Advanced Legal Studies and has served as an adjunct professor of law. In addition, he has served numerous times as an expert witness in cases involving corporate, partnership, limited liability companies, and securities law matters. He holds degrees from Cornell University and the University of Colorado at Boulder School of Law. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed.CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this on-demand seminar & podcast for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
2. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. The Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
4. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
5. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
6. The State of Nebraska for 1.5 CLE credits
7. The Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
8. The New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
9. The New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. The Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
11. The Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
12. The State Bar of Texas for 1.5 CLE credits
13. The Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
14. The Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
15. The Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
16. The Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS 24/7 ON-DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE SEMINAR.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.