Learn the latest on Asset Protection with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to 133 pages of course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Effective Asset Protection 101 Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
Asset protection has quickly become one of the most lucrative practice areas. From the underlying substantive law to practical aspects of asset protection planning (i.e., what works and what does not), this program will teach you everything you need to know about protecting your assets from plaintiffs and creditors. We’ll cover specific planning strategies and solutions, including planning with business entities, and domestic and foreign trusts, gifting and sale techniques. Specific emphasis will be placed on protecting assets in a troubled economy, including protection from lenders and landlords holding personal guarantees. Our seminar faculty features one of the most respected asset protection attorneys in the nation, who will cover specific approaches and solutions, including the most effective tactics, best practices, and the cutting-edge strategies to best advantage your client.
You’ll learn various ways, from the very simply to the very sophisticated, to protect specific assets common to all clients: houses, bank and brokerage accounts, rental real estate, businesses and professional practices and retirement plans. Course materials will serve as a treatise on asset protection as well as an exhaustive reference source for many of your planning needs and will outline and diagram the discussed planning techniques and structures. The faculty will share many real life case histories and anecdotes that will readily illustrate the effectiveness of various structures. Register today to learn the most effective strategies and latest law in asset protection.
Agenda: Introduction and Overview of Asset Protection
1. What is Asset Protection?
2. Practical Goals and Limitations
3. Picking the Right Structure Fraudulent Transfers
1. Understanding the Basics
2. Planning Possible Challenges
3. Practical Implications for Planning Business Entities
1. Corporations v. LLC’s and LP’s
2. Charging Order Protection
3. Picking the Right Jurisdiction
4. Single Member LLC’s, Poison Pills and Other Sexy Clauses Use of Trusts in Asset Protection
1. Spendthrift Trusts
2. Discretionary Trusts
3. Self-settled Trusts
4. Foreign Trusts Protecting Specific Assets
2. Rental Real Estate
4. Liquid Assets
5. Retirement Plans Recorded Question & Answer Session with the Expert Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Jacob Stein
is one of the nation’s leading experts on asset protection. He is a Certified Tax Law Specialist and AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Stein is the author of numerous articles on asset protection and tax planning, and is the author of ASSET PROTECTION PLANNING (Education Foundation, 2011), currently in its 8th edition, ADVANCED TAX PLANNING TECHNIQUES (Education Foundation, 2011), currently in its 8th edition, ASSET PROTECTION PLANNING (Education Foundation, 2007), currently in its 5th edition, and ADVANCED TAX PLANNING TECHNIQUES (Education Foundation, 2007). Mr. Stein's article Building Stumbling Blocks: A Practical Take on Charging Orders appeared in the October 2006 issue of RIA's Business Entities Magazine and is considered the seminal article on the topic of LLC charging orders. His article on Advanced Asset Protection and Tax Planning is a considered the staple in effective planning with LLCs. Mr. Stein has taught thousands of attorneys nationally on the most effective strategies of protecting assets and advanced tax planning. He has served as an adjunct professor of taxation and has spoken numerous times before bar and CPA associations. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed.CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this on-demand seminar & podcast for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
2. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. The Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
4. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
5. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
6. The State of Nebraska for 1.5 CLE credits
7. The Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
8. The New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
9. The New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. The North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
11. The Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
12. The Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
13. The State Bar of Texas for 1.5 CLE credits
14. The Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
15. The Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
16. The Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
17. The Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
18. The Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
19. The Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS 24/7 ON-DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE SEMINAR.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.