Learn the latest on Mastering Copyright, Trademark, & Intellectual Property with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Mastering Copyright, Trademark, & Intellectual Property Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
Copyright, trademark, and intellectual property law has emerged in recent years as one of the fastest growing legal practices. From the cutting-edge strategies to best practices, this convenient on-demand seminar will cover the hot topics in this quickly evolving field. The nationally recognized seminar faculty will discuss the latest law on copyright protection & registration, protections governing domain registrations, Internet based use of trademarks, protecting keywords, as well as civil and criminal enforcement. Specific emphasis will be paid to cutting-edge techniques for protecting trade secrets, understanding trade secrets in the digital age, effective methods for resolving trademark disputes in and out of court, as well as approaches for crafting remedies & calculating damages. Course materials will serve as a treatise on these skills and techniques, as well as an exhaustive reference source for your future reference. Register today to enroll in this 24/7 on-demand seminar on Mastering Copyright, Trademark, & Intellectual Property. Agenda: 1. Cutting-Edge Issues in Copyright Law:
a. Hot Topics in Copyright Protection
b. Best Practices on Copyright Registration
c. Artistic Works in the Digital Age
d. Effective Protections Governing Domain Registrations
e. Copyright Enforcement in Civil & Criminal Courts 2. Hot Topics in Trademark Law:
a. The Latest Law on Internet Based Use of Trademarks
b. Online Trademark Enforcement and Remedies
c. Cutting-edge Issues with Keywords
d. Best Practices on Trademark Law Involving Domain Names 3. Innovative Issues in Trade Secret Law:
a. Cutting-edge Techniques for Protecting Trade Secrets
b. Determining Irreparable Harm
c. Understanding Trade Secrets in the Digital Age
d. Effectively Resolving Trade Secret Disputes in and out of Court
e. Best Practices on Crafting Remedies & Calculating Damages 4. Recorded Question & Answer Session with the Experts Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Miriam Claire Beezy
is a Partner at Foley & Lardner LLP and the former chair of the firm’s Trademark, Copyright & Advertising Practice. Her intellectual property experience includes developing and managing global company IP portfolios and policies; trademark and copyright prosecution; domain name registration; advertising, merchandising and brand management counseling; USPTO and domain name proceedings, including proceedings to enforce trademarks and copyrights. Ms. Beezy served as chief trademark counsel of The Walt Disney Company, where she managed the corporation’s worldwide trademark portfolio, including obtaining, licensing and enforcing Disney’s trademark rights around the world. She has protected the intellectual property of many start-ups as well, and was selected as a candidate by the International Trademark Association to serve on the original board of directors of ICANN, the organization that develops rules and policies for Internet domain names. Ms. Beezy has spoken extensively on copyrights, co-branding agreements, using reality television to showcase products, brand management, obtaining regulatory approval, and advertising law.
2. Susan Progoff
is a Partner at Dorsey & Whitney and a national authority on trademark, copyright, and unfair competition matters. She has represented many of the country’s most successful corporations, including The Coca-Cola Company, Ford Motor Company, Snapple Beverage Corp., among others. Ms. Progoff has designed and implemented anti-counterfeiting programs, handled the trademark and copyright aspects of complex corporate transactions, and has advised clients on designing and implementing trademark and copyright licensing strategies to build and protect brands. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America, SuperLawyers, Who's Who of Trademark Lawyers, and the Expert's Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law.
3. Gary H. Glaser
is a Partner at Seyfarth Shaw LLP, where his practice focuses on trade secrets, computer fraud, non-competes, as well as labor and employment counseling, solutions, and litigation. He has over 25 years of experience litigating cases in federal and state court and before both federal and state administrative agencies, including both bench and jury trials and arbitrations before the NASD/FINRA, the American Arbitration Association and the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Glaser also counsels and represents clients in litigation involving corporate espionage/noncompete/restrictive covenant/trade secrets issues. He previously served as an attorney for the National Labor Relations Board. Mr. Glaser is a widely sought-after lecturer and author, having spoken and written on trade secrets and non-competes in the Internet age, employment issues related to social networking, protecting confidential information and customer relations, and inevitable disclosures. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed. CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this convenient, on-demand seminar & podcast for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alaska Bar Association for 1.5 CLE Credits *
2. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. Arizona State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits**
4. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
5. Colorado Supreme Court Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education for 1.8 CLE Credits
6. Connecticut (CLE credits are not required, but are encouraged)**
7. District of Columbia (CLE credits are not required)***
8. Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
9. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. Idaho State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
11. Indiana Commission for Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE Credits
12. Louisiana Supreme Court Commission on MCLE for 1.5 MCLE credits
13. Maryland (CLE credits are not required)**
14. Massachusetts (CLE credits are not required)**
15. Michigan (CLE credits are not required)**
16. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
17. Nebraska Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
18. Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
19. New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits (per Rule 201:4)
20. New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
21. New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
22. North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
23. Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
24. Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
25. South Dakota (CLE credits are not required)**
26. Texas State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
27. Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
28. Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
29. Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
30. Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
31. Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
32. Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462
* Members of the Alaska Bar Association may report 1.5 CLE credits for participating in this course as it has been approved by other mandatory CLE jurisdictions for 1.5 CLE credits.
** The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
*** States that do not require CLE are indicated above. Rossdale does not apply for CLE in these states as CLE credit is not required. For additional questions, please call 888-626-3462. All registered attendees who are unable to dial into the live teleconference will receive a complimentary downloadable recording & podcast of the full-length seminar.
You will receive toll-free dial-in instructions, online access to course and reference materials, and be registered for CLE credit when you check-out with a credit card or your check is processed.