Learn the latest on Mastering Asset Protection with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Mastering Asset Protection Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
From the underlying substantive law to practical aspects of asset protection planning (i.e., what works and what does not), this program will teach you everything you need to know about protecting your assets from plaintiffs and creditors. We'll cover specific planning strategies and solutions, including planning with business entities, and domestic and foreign trusts, gifting and sale techniques. Specific emphasis will be placed on protecting assets in a troubled economy, including protection from lenders and landlords holding personal guarantees. Our distinguished seminar faculty will cover specific approaches and solutions, including the most effective tactics, best practices, and the cutting-edge strategies to best advantage your client.
You'll learn various ways, from the very simply to the very sophisticated, to protect specific assets common to all clients: houses, bank and brokerage accounts, rental real estate, businesses and professional practices and retirement plans. Course materials will serve as a treatise on asset protection as well as an exhaustive reference source for many of your planning needs and will outline and diagram the discussed planning techniques and structures. The nationally recognized instructors will share many real life case histories and anecdotes that will readily illustrate the effectiveness of various structures. Register today to learn the most effective strategies and latest law in asset protection with the titans. Agenda: 1. Introduction and Overview of Asset Protection:
a. What is Asset Protection?
b. Practical Goals and Limitations
c. Picking the Right Structure to Best Advantage Your Client 2. Fraudulent Transfers
a. What is a Fraudulent Transfer?
b. Effectively Planning for Possible Challenges
c. Practical Implications for Planning
3. Business Entities:
a. Corporations v. LLC’s & LP’s
b. Charging Order Protection
c. Best Practices on Picking the Right Jurisdiction
d. Single Member LLCs, Poison Pills and Other Sexy Clauses
4. Use of Cutting-edge Trusts in Asset Protection
a. Spendthrift Trusts
b. Discretionary Trusts
c. Self-settled Trusts
d. Foreign Trusts
5. Protecting Specific Assets
b. Rental Real Estate
d. Liquid Assets
e. Retirement Plans
6. Recorded Question & Answer Session Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Jacob Stein
is one of the nation's leading experts on asset protection. He is a Certified Tax Law Specialist and AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Stein is the author of numerous articles on asset protection and tax planning, and is the author of Asset Protection Planning (Education Foundation, 2007), currently in its 5th edition, and Advanced Tax Planning Techniques (Education Foundation, 2007). Mr. Stein's article Building Stumbling Blocks: A Practical Take on Charging Orders appeared in the October 2006 issue of RIA's Business Entities Magazine and is considered the seminal article on the topic of LLC charging orders. His article on Advanced Asset Protection and Tax Planning is considered the staple in effective planning with LLCs. Mr. Stein has taught thousands of attorneys nationally on the most effective strategies of protecting assets and advanced tax planning. He has served as an adjunct professor of taxation and has spoken at numerous before bar and CPA associations. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed. CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this convenient, on-demand seminar & podcast for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alaska Bar Association for 1.5 CLE Credits *
2. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. Arizona State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits**
4. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
5. Colorado Supreme Court Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education for 1.8 CLE Credits
6. Connecticut (CLE credits are not required, but are encouraged)**
7. District of Columbia (CLE credits are not required)***
8. Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
9. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. Idaho State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
11. Louisiana Supreme Court Commission on MCLE for 1.5 MCLE credits
12. Maryland (CLE credits are not required)**
13. Massachusetts (CLE credits are not required)**
14. Michigan (CLE credits are not required)**
15. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
16. Nebraska Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
17. Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
18. New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits (per Rule 201:4)
19. New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
20. New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
21. North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
22. Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
23. Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
24. South Dakota (CLE credits are not required)**
25. Texas State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
26. Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
27. Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
28. Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
29. Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
30. Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
31. Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462
* Members of the Alaska Bar Association may report 1.5 CLE credits for participating in this course as it has been approved by other mandatory CLE jurisdictions for 1.5 CLE credits.
** The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
*** States that do not require CLE are indicated above. Rossdale does not apply for CLE in these states as CLE credit is not required. For additional questions, please call 888-626-3462. REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS 24/7 ON-DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE SEMINAR.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.