Learn the latest on Effective Trust & Estate Planning with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Effective Trust & Estate Planning CLE Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
Trust and estate planning has recently become one of the most lucrative practice areas with on-going changes in the tax code. From the underlying substantive law to cutting-edge, practical aspects of trust and estate planning, this program will teach you the latest developments in the law and legislation, as well as provide insight from several of the leading attorneys in the field. Our nationally recognized faculty will cover tax advantages and savings available with IRA’s, pensions, charitable donations, employer/employee taxation plans, and generational giving. You’ll learn the most current law on the wealth transfer tax, federal tax structure, appreciated assets, partnership interests, and the most effective tax strategies to best advantage your client. This seminar will also discuss the new Estate Tax bill and advanced tactics to minimize tax liabilities. Our instructors will share many real life case applications that will readily illustrate the effectiveness of various structures. Register today to learn the cutting-edge strategies and latest law in trust and estate planning. . Agenda:
1. Latest Developments in Federal & State Taxation:
a. Federal Estate Tax Structures
b. Overview of Wealth Transfer Taxation
c. Advantaging Clients with the Implications of Recent Tax Changes
d. Best Practices on Planning for Business Succession
e. Cutting-edge Transfers of Wealth during Life without Liability for Gift Tax
f. Effectively Planning for Non-Traditional Couples
2. IRA’s & Pension Plans
a. Strategies on Roth Conversions
b. Best Practices on Funding the Bypass Trust
c. Asset Class Segregation
d. Impact of 2010 Tax Relief Act
e. No RMDs
f. Charitable Giving Using IRAs
g. Best Practices Portability and IRAs
h. Cutting-edge Techniques on Standalone IRA Trusts--Beneficiary Asset Protection
i. IRAs and Revocable Trusts: Not a Great Match
3. Tax Advantages of Charitable Donations
a. Recent Developments & Trends in Charitable Giving
b. Strategic Charitable Solutions
c. Advantages of Direct Giving, Private Foundations and Donor Advised Funds
d. Determining the Ideal Charitable Solution for Your Client
e. Choosing the Ideal Assets to Fund the Client’s Philanthropic Ends
f. Tax Advantages of Privately-held Appreciated Assets
g. Effectively Utilizing C- and S-corp Stock, Partnership Interests and Real Estate
4. Recorded Question & Answer Session Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Bradford N. Dewan
has over three decades of experience as a tax and estate planning attorney, with a focus on tax planning for individuals as well as their related business and charitable entities. He has counseled high-net worth individuals in evaluating and implementing sophisticated strategies, such as Qualified Personal Residence Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Intentionally Defective Irrevocable Trusts and Grantor Trusts. Mr. Dewan has extensive experience with multi-generational benefits of transferring and inheriting wealth in trust through the use of Dynasty Trusts and Beneficiary-Controlled Trusts. He is one of the leading experts in the tax and estate planning for pension plan benefits and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), focusing on the rules affecting distributions from qualified plans and IRAs, and the most effective strategies for transferring these unique assets to surviving spouses and the IRA owner’s children. Mr. Dewan holds degrees Harvard University, the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Wisconsin at Madison Law School.
2. Richard S. Franklin
is one of the premier attorneys in the country on estate planning, trusts and estate administration. He has extensive experience in representing families with substantial wealth in establishing sophisticated estate plans. He has lectured across the world and written extensively on the wealth transfer tax, allocation clauses, and done selection. His industry leading work has appeared in bar journals across the country, the Journal of Multistate Taxation and Incentives, and publications on employee benefits and retirement planning. Mr. Franklin’s recent article on “Roth IRA Recharacterizations and Reconversions – 10 Strategies” was recently published by Tax Notes. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America as a leading lawyer in the Trusts and Estates category. Mr. Franklin has served in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and as Co-Chair of the Estate & Gift Tax Committee of the American Bar Association.
3. Karla D. Valas
is a vice president for Fidelity Charitable Services (FCS), a division of Fidelity Investments, the largest mutual fund company in the United States, the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans and a leading online brokerage firm. Fidelity is a leader in providing charitable solutions to financial advisors and their clients, helping them to achieve their philanthropic goals. Ms. Valas also serves as secretary and managing director of complex asset donations for the Fidelity Investments® Charitable Gift Fund, one of the nation’s largest public charities. She oversees the Gift Fund’s complex asset practice group which is responsible for reviewing and considering for acceptance and ultimate liquidation donations of complex assets including privately held C- and S-Corp stock, certain real estate, partnership interests, LLC and LP interests and other illiquid assets. Ms. Valas also provides integrated tax, legal and compliance support to FCS associates in the philanthropic practices and the tax-exempt donor-advised fund market. She holds an LL.M. in taxation from Boston University School of Law. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive toll-free dial-in instructions to the live seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check. CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this 24/7 on-demand seminar & podcast for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alaska Bar Association for 1.5 CLE Credits *
2. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. Arizona State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits**
4. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
5. Colorado Supreme Court Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education for 1.8 CLE Credits
6. Connecticut (CLE credits are not required, but are encouraged)**
7. District of Columbia (CLE credits are not required)***
8. Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
9. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. Idaho State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
11. Louisiana Supreme Court Commission on MCLE for 1.5 MCLE credits
12. Maryland (CLE credits are not required)**
13. Massachusetts (CLE credits are not required)**
14. Michigan (CLE credits are not required)**
15. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
16. Nebraska Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
17. Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
18. New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits (per Rule 201:4)
19. New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
20. New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
21. North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
22. Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
23. Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
24. South Dakota (CLE credits are not required)**
25. Texas State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
26. Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
27. Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
28. Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
29. Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
30. Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
31. Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462
* Members of the Alaska Bar Association may report 1.5 CLE credits for participating in this course as it has been approved by other mandatory CLE jurisdictions for 1.5 CLE credits.
** The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
*** States that do not require CLE are indicated above. Rossdale does not apply for CLE in these states as CLE credit is not required. For additional questions, please call 888-626-3462. REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS 24/7 ON-DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE SEMINAR.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.