Learn the latest on Mastering Mortgages, Title Searches, & Closings with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Mortgages, Title Searches, & Closings Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
More and more attorneys today are counseling clients on real estate closings, conducting title searches, and advising on mortgages. While these practice areas have grown in demand, there have also been many changes in the underlying law. Understanding the subtleties and best practices of Mortgages, Title Searches, & Closings enables effective planning to advantage your clients. Our seminar faculty features three of the leading authorities in the area, who will share their insight on the structure of mortgages, loan originations, fees, types of mortgage insurance, conducting effective title examinations, best practice on recording and priorities, as well as deeds and the vesting of title. Our nationally recognized speakers also cover the impact of liens on closings, assessing & filing a mechanic's lien, dealing with releases, and relevant time limitations. Registration includes access to course and reference materials that serve as a helpful guide to the numerous topics and techniques discussed in the convenient, on-demand seminar. Register today to attend Mastering Mortgages, Title Searches, & Closings. Agenda: 1. Mastering Mortgages:
a. The Structure of a Mortgage: A Primer for Attorneys
b. Legal Issues Related to Loan Originations
c. Processing & Underwriting Fees
d. Fixed-Rate vs. Adjustable Rate Mortgages
e. Mortgage Insurance Legal Risks 2. Conducting Effective Title Searches
a. Techniques for Title Examination
b. Tools for Varying Types of Property
c. Vesting of Title & Holding Title
d. Understanding Deeds and Forms of Conveyance
e. Strategies on Boundaries & Legal Descriptions
f. Effectively Using Recording and Priorities
g. Court Judgments for Money 3. The Role of Mechanic’s Liens in Real Estate Closings
a. Assessing & Filing a Mechanic’s Lien
b. Procedures and Time Limits
c. Dealing with Lien Releases
d. Verified Claim Statutes
e. The Impact of a Lien on a Real Estate Closing
4. Recorded Question & Answer Session Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Don Bundy
is the General Counsel for Prospect Mortgage, the nation’s largest independently owned mortgage bank, where he manages a legal team of attorneys, a Compliance Department, Licensing Department, and loan servicing department. Prior to joining Prospect Mortgage, he was General Counsel at IndyMac Bank, where he oversaw the FDIC's loan modification program on 7,500 loans. Mr. Bundy started his career with a private firm, where he concentrated in the areas of real estate and banking. After 15 years in private practice, he moved to the corporate sector, serving as General Counsel for several mortgage banks and a savings and loan entity.
2. Norman A. Chernin
is a national authority on title searches. He has served as Vice President-Special Title Counsel for the National Commercial Services Division of First American Title Insurance Company for over a decade. In this capacity, he handles underwriting of high liability projects as well as individual and multi-site projects and multi-state transactions throughout the United States. Prior to joining First American, he had an extensive background as a real estate lawyer, including more than 20 years as Regional Counsel for The Prudential Realty Group, the real estate investment division of The Prudential Insurance Company of America and also served as Counsel at Hilton Hotels Corporation.
3. Gilbert R. Egle
is a partner at Preeo Silverman Green & Egle, P.C., where he focuses his practice on representing clients in a wide range of business, litigation and construction matters. His construction practice includes representation of owners, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers in contract drafting and negotiations, mechanic's liens and verified claims, bond claims, arbitration, and litigation involving claims and construction defect issues. Mr. Egle is a frequent speaker on construction topics involving contractors and other construction professionals. He is the co-author and editor of the publication “Liens and Claims Handbook” and also maintains a website focused exclusively on liens. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed. CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this convenient, 24/7 on-demand seminar & podcast for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alaska Bar Association for 1.5 CLE Credits *
2. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. Arizona State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits**
4. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
5. Colorado Supreme Court Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education for 1.8 CLE Credits
6. Connecticut (CLE credits are not required, but are encouraged)**
7. District of Columbia (CLE credits are not required)***
8. Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
9. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. Idaho State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
11. Louisiana Supreme Court Commission on MCLE for 1.5 MCLE credits
12. Maryland (CLE credits are not required)**
13. Massachusetts (CLE credits are not required)**
14. Michigan (CLE credits are not required)**
15. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
16. Nebraska Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
17. Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
18. New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits (per Rule 201:4)
19. New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
20. New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
21. North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
22. Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
23. Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
24. South Dakota (CLE credits are not required)**
25. Texas State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
26. Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
27. Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
28. Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
29. Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
30. Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462
* Members of the Alaska Bar Association may report 1.5 CLE credits for participating in this course as it has been approved by other mandatory CLE jurisdictions for 1.5 CLE credits.
** The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
*** States that do not require CLE are indicated above. Rossdale does not apply for CLE in these states as CLE credit is not required. For additional questions, please call 888-626-3462. REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS 24/7 ON-DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE SEMINAR.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.