Learn the latest on Mastering Immigration Law CLEwith this conveni ent, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to complete course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Mastering Immigration Law Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to complete Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
Today, there is an unprecedented need for attorneys proficient in the most current immigration law. A series of changes in regulations, laws, and court opinions has altered the most effective techniques necessary to best advantage your client as well as the best tactics to comply with governing procedures for maintaining proper records, compliance, and investigation. The national media attention on border security, coupled with state and federal prosecutions against individuals and employers have ensured a steady flow of work for immigration attorneys. Our seminar faculty will share their valuable insight on avoiding pitfalls that hinder many immigration attorneys, as well as advice on handling clients in deportation cases, mitigating the effects of criminal convictions and prosecutions on non-citizens, effectively adhering to guidelines established by the USCIS, the Department of Homeland Security, defenses overlooked by many veteran immigration counsel, collecting vital documents, and averting complications that arise in the application process. This seminar covers topics that are beneficial to those new to immigration law as well as experienced attorneys looking for guidance on best tactics and techniques to ensure the growth and success of your practice. Registration includes access to course and reference materials. Agenda: 1. Effectively Representing Non-citizens:
a. Best Practices for U Visas
b. Effective Strategies for Out of Time Motions To Reconsider
c. Waivers and Motions to Vacate Criminal Convictions
d. Ineffective Assistance of Counsel and Matter of Losada
e. The Importance of In-Depth Thorough Consultations to Ascertain Previously Hidden Remedies
f. Innovative Remedies To Use In Immigration Court After A Successful MTR 2. Mastering Immigration Issues for Employers:
a. I-9 Changes, Requirements, Best Practices
b. Lessons Learned from Abercrombie & Fitch: Electronic I-9 Vendors – Questions to Ask Before You Buy
c. Lessons Learned from Walmart: Liability for Subcontractors and Third Parties at Your Worksite
d. Best Practices for Development of a Corporate Compliance Program 3. Winning at Cutting-edge Issues:
a. Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals filings under Pres. Obama’s Executive Order
b. Prosecutorial Discretion for Aliens under Pres. Obama’s Policy Directive
c. DV-2014 Green Card Lottery
d. Regional Centers for EB-5 Entrepreneurial Visas
e. Dealing with Waivers
4. Recorded Question & Answer Session with the Experts Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Rahul Manchanda
is the Founding Member and Principal Attorney of the Wall Street law firm, Manchanda Law Offices PLLC. He is also one of the leading Immigration Litigation/Deportation Defense Trial Attorney Experts in the country, appearing regularly on Fox News, CNN, Court TV, and NBC on such television programs as Dayside, Studio B with Shephard Smith, Fox and Friends, Heartland with John Kasich, Live from CNN with Kyra Phillips, Anderson Cooper 360°, the O’Reilly Factor, Nancy Grace, Banfield & Ford Courtside, Best Defense with Jami Floyd, Justice with Judge Jeannine Pirro, and the Catherine Crier Show. In addition to practicing law in New York City, Mr. Manchanda was exposed to the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law in Vienna Austria as well as worked for a large multinational litigation law firm in Paris France. Mr. Manchanda has extensive experience in Immigration Courts throughout the US and US Embassies and Consulates internationally, handling Master, Individual, and Final Hearings, Naturalization Interviews, Writs of Habeas Corpus, Writs of Corum Nobis, dealing with Immigration & Customs Enforcement ("ICE")/Customs and Border Protection ("CBP")/Department of Homeland Security ("DHS")/and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS"), 440 Motions to Vacate, Amend, or Expunge Criminal Convictions, Removal of Condition Hearings, National Security, and Adjustment of Status Interviews. Mr. Manchanda has also taught Immigration Law at several colleges and universities in New York City.
2. Casey Wolff
is a Shareholder at Paulich Slack & Wolff, P.A., where he concentrates on immigration and naturalization issues. He has practiced immigration law for over three decades. Mr. Wolff is a highly sought after lecturer and has taught numerous immigration courses at the university level.
3. Sarah E. Buffett
is a Member at Moore & Van Allen, where her practice focuses on counseling foreign and domestic businesses to guide them through the technical maze of immigration law and procedure. Ms. Buffett represents international clients who are establishing businesses in the United States to obtain nonimmigrant visas for key foreign personnel. She also assists both domestic and foreign businesses and institutions win Lawful Permanent Resident status for long-term or permanent United States employees. Ms. Buffett has significant experience in and is a frequent national lecturer on I-9 compliance and business immigration. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed. CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this convenient, 24/7 on-demand seminar for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alaska Bar Association for 1.5 CLE Credits *
2. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. Arizona State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits**
4. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
5. Colorado Supreme Court Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education for 1.8 CLE Credits
6. Connecticut (CLE credits are not required, but are encouraged)**
7. District of Columbia (CLE credits are not required)***
8. Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
9. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. Idaho State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
11. Indiana Commission for Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE Credits
12. Louisiana Supreme Court Commission on MCLE for 1.5 MCLE credits
13. Maryland (CLE credits are not required)**
14. Massachusetts (CLE credits are not required)**
15. Michigan (CLE credits are not required)**
16. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
17. Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
18. New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits (per Rule 201:4)
19. New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
20. New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
21. North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
22. Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
24. South Dakota (CLE credits are not required)**
25. Texas State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
26. Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
27. Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
28. Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
29. Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
31. Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
32. Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462
* Members of the Alaska Bar Association may report 1.5 CLE credits for participating in this course as it has been approved by other mandatory CLE jurisdictions for 1.5 CLE credits.
** The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
*** States that do not require CLE are indicated above. Rossdale does not apply for CLE in these states as CLE credit is not required. For additional questions, please call 888-626-3462. REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS CONVENIENT 24/7 ON-DEMAND SEMINAR & PODCAST.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.