Learn the latest on Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid Law with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to complete course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Medicare, Social Security, & Medicaid Benefits Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to complete Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
Representing clients in obtaining Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and disability benefits provides consistent workflow and has recently become one of the most in-demand practices. Understanding the subtleties and best practices of Medicare and Medicare enables effective planning to ensure that your clients’ medical needs are covered. Social Security programs are a significant source of cash and health benefits for individuals with disabilities. At the same time, recent changes to the area of government benefits has led to a surge in interest in disability and elder planning. From the underlying substantive law to practical aspects, this seminar will cover the latest developments, cutting-edge practices, and techniques related to benefits, claims, appeals, grievances in this evolving practice. Registration includes access to course and reference materials that serve as a helpful guide to the numerous topics and techniques discussed in the convenient 24/7 on-demand seminar.
Agenda: 1. Medicaid 101: Eligibility Requirements, Benefits, Client Intake:
a. Advantages of Medicare vs. Medicaid
b. Effectively Utilizing Other Sources of Long-Term Care Funding & Insurance
c. State and Local Programs Funding Home Care
d. Caregiver Agreements, Home Care Agencies, & Reverse Mortgages
e. Medicaid Benefits & Eligibility Requirements
f. Assessing the Clients' Current and Future Needs
- Questions to Ask
- Non-countable v. Countable
- Records to Obtain
- Agreements/Documents to Sign 2. Building A Prima Facie Case Under the Social Security Act:
a. Understanding the Application Process
b. Insight on the Appeals Process
c. Building A Prima Facie Case of Disability under the Social Security Act:
- Determining What Needs to be Shown
- Presenting the Ideal Evidence to Advance Your Client’s Case
- Best Practices for the Lawyer & Client to Generate the Best Possible Proof 3. Understanding the Role of the Medicare Prescription Drug Program:
a. Who is Eligible for Benefits?
b. Best Practices on Seeking Prescription Drug Assistance
c. Contemplating Recent Changes to the Program
4. Recorded Question & Answer Session Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Laurie G. Steiner
is a leading elder law attorney and a member of the law firm Budish, Solomon, Steiner & Peck, Ltd. Her practice is focused on life care planning, elder law, estate planning, and probate. Ms. Steiner is a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation and an accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation and prosecution of claims for veterans’ benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs. Ms. Steiner is a highly sought-after expert and speaker on Elder Law, Medicaid/Disability Planning and Estate Planning. She has contributed her work in numerous magazines and has been called upon to share her expertise on several televisions programs.
2. John Tucker
is a national authority on disability benefits, having spent the past two decades helping clients obtain benefits, like life insurance benefits, ERISA benefits, Social Security disability and SSI, Veterans’ disability benefits, and personal injury and wrongful death recoveries. He has achieved an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, the highest available peer review rating. Mr. Tucker practices throughout the country, handling disability benefits claims, litigation, and appeals. He is one of only a few ERISA lawyers in the United States who handles Social Security disability and veterans administration (VA) disability claims and appeals. Mr. Tucker has also handled hundreds of administrative hearings before the Office of Hearings and Appeals of the Social Security Administration. John Tucker is also accredited to practice as an attorney before the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, where he represents disabled veterans seeking service-connected disability compensation benefits and disability pension benefits. Mr. Tucker has also served as an Adjunct Professor of Law, teaching a course titled "ERISA - employee Benefit Litigation Skills."
3. Kyla Kelim
is a national authority on elder law and focuses her practice on legal issues affecting seniors, their families, caretakers, and professionals who aid seniors. Ms. Kelim is a highly sought-after speaker, lecturing primarily on Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed. CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this convenient 24/7 on-demand seminar for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alaska Bar Association for 1.5 CLE Credits *
2. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. Arizona State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits**
4. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
5. Colorado Supreme Court Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education for 1.8 CLE Credits
6. Connecticut (CLE credits are not required, but are encouraged)**
7. District of Columbia (CLE credits are not required)***
8. Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
9. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. Idaho State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
11. Indiana Commission for Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE Credits
12. Louisiana Supreme Court Commission on MCLE for 1.5 MCLE credits
13. Maryland (CLE credits are not required)**
14. Massachusetts (CLE credits are not required)**
15. Michigan (CLE credits are not required)**
16. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
17. Nebraska Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
18. Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
19. New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits (per Rule 201:4)
20. New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
21. New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
22. North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
23. Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
24. Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
25. South Dakota (CLE credits are not required)**
26. Texas State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
27. Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
28. Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
29. Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
30. Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
31. Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
32. Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462
* Members of the Alaska Bar Association may report 1.5 CLE credits for participating in this course as it has been approved by other mandatory CLE jurisdictions for 1.5 CLE credits.
** The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
*** States that do not require CLE are indicated above. Rossdale does not apply for CLE in these states as CLE credit is not required. For additional questions, please call 888-626-3462. REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS CONVENIENT 24/7 ON-DEMAND SEMINAR & PODCAST.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.