Learn the latest on Mastering Loan Modifications & Workouts CLE with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to complete course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Mastering Loan Modifications & Workouts Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
Includes Online Access to complete Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
The struggling economy has increased the need for attorneys proficient in cutting-edge strategies to effectively modify and workout troubled debts & loans. There is a heightened need for debtors’ counsel to defend millions of homeowners and businesses facing foreclosures, modifications, defaults, and workouts. At the same time, banks and other creditors have retained record numbers of attorneys to foreclose on loans, repossess property, and obtain favorable workouts in both residential and commercial settings. This seminar covers the latest strategies to provide insight on loan modifications, workouts, government regulations, and related tax issues. Our nationally respected seminar faculty will share the best practices and tactics to represent lenders, banks, home owners, debtors, and commercial clients. Registration includes access to course and reference materials that serve as a helpful guide to the numerous topics and techniques discussed in the seminar. Agenda: 1. Effective Loan Modifications & Workouts:
a. Contemplating Enforcement Remedies
b. Dealing with the Bankruptcy Option
c. Considering Alternatives to Foreclosure
d. Best Practices on Forbearance Agreements 2. Cutting-edge Tax Issues related to Workouts & Modifications:
a. Cancellation of Indebtedness Income
b. Tax Implications of Modifications that Involve Transfer of Assets
c. Best Practices for Debt Acquisition
d. Winning at 3rd Party Acquisition of Debts
3. Loan Regulation & Default Considerations:
a. Understanding Mortgage Origination
b. Legal Considerations for Debtors & Creditors
c. Cutting-Edge Regulations: Implications & Compliance
d. Role of Third Parties in Loan Modification Documentation
e. Formulating a Workout Strategy and Evaluating Available Options
4. Recorded Question & Answer Session Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. Vadim Mahmoudov
is a Partner at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, where he concentrates on restructurings, bankruptcies, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. He is recommended by Chambers USA, where he earns praise for his “impressive business sense,” and The Legal 500 US, where clients say is he “extremely responsive and usually gives you solid advice immediately” and that he “present[s] options in a clear and concise manner with a minimum of legal and tax code jargon.” Mr. Mahmoudov has spoken and written widely on loan workouts, debt modifications, troubled assets, and related tax issues. He holds both a J.D. and LL.M. in Tax from NYU.
2. Rafael Kariyev
is Counsel at Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s Tax Department and focuses his practice on private equity fund formation, M&A transactions and securities offerings. Mr. Kariyev was part of the Debevoise team representing Domtar in its combination with Weyerhaeuser's fine paper business and NBCU (a division of GE) in its acquisition of Vivendi Universal Entertainment for $14 billion. In addition, Mr. Kariyev played a major role in the formation of private equity funds Providence Equity Partners VI, Metalmark Capital Partners, AIG Highstar Capital III, Odyssey Investment Partners III and Freidman Fleisher and Lowe II. He also participated in the first SEC registered funding agreement backed notes issued by Protective Life. Mr. Kariyev has published widely on taxation related issues. He holds a J.D. from Columbia Law School and an LL.M. in Taxation from NYU.
3. Briane F. Pagel
is a shareholder at Krekeler Strother, where he concentrates his practice on consumer litigation, regulation litigation and creditor-debtor law, including consumer fraud cases, warranty claims, debt collection defense and lawsuits, mortgage foreclosure defense, and banker/lender liability. He has published and lectured widely on consumer law, debt collection, and mortgage lending. Mr. Pagel has helped convince the courts to recognize new and evolving claims and defenses including recognition of third-party beneficiary rights for consumers, and was among the first lawyers to bring claims against mortgage brokers and mortgage bankers to jury trials.
4. Joseph C. Mandarino
is a Partner at Stanley Esrey & Bucklet, where he focuses his practice on corporate, tax and finance. He has extensive experience in workouts, restructurings, modifications, and structuring M&A transactions, from both the buyer and seller sides. He has also counseled clients on corporation transactions, including partnerships, LLC's, and other financial products. A graduate of NYU Law School's LL.M. Tax program, Mr. Mandarino excels at also providing his clients with legal advice relating to tax controversies, audits, appeals, and regulatory hearings. He is a highly sought-after writer on the latest business, tax and finance topics, having published his work in the National Law Journal, Mergers & Acquisitions magazine, Tax Notes Today, the Journal of Real Estate Taxation, the Journal of S Corporation Taxation, the Journal of Multistate Taxation, Tax & Finance Newsletter, and the NYU Institute on Federal Taxation. In addition, he has spoken at meetings and seminars organized by numerous organizations, including the White House Conference on Small Business, the U.S. Small Business Administration, among many others. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed. CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this convenient, on-demand seminar for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alaska Bar Association for 1.5 CLE Credits *
2. Arizona State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits**
3. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
4. Colorado Supreme Court Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education for 1.8 CLE Credits
5. Connecticut (CLE credits are not required, but are encouraged)**
6. District of Columbia (CLE credits are not required)***
7. Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
8. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
9. Idaho State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. Indiana Commission for Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE Credits
11. Louisiana Supreme Court Commission on MCLE for 1.5 MCLE credits
12. Maryland (CLE credits are not required)**
13. Massachusetts (CLE credits are not required)**
14. Michigan (CLE credits are not required)**
15. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
16. Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
17. New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits (per Rule 201:4)
18. New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
19. New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
20. North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
21. Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
22. Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
23. South Dakota (CLE credits are not required)**
24. Texas State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
25. Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
26. Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
27. Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
28. Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
29. Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462
* Members of the Alaska Bar Association may report 1.5 CLE credits for participating in this course as it has been approved by other mandatory CLE jurisdictions for 1.5 CLE credits.
** The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. This activity may qualify for up to 1.5 hours toward your annual CLE requirement for the State Bar of Arizona, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility.
*** States that do not require CLE are indicated above. Rossdale does not apply for CLE in these states as CLE credit is not required. For additional questions, please call 888-626-3462. REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS CONVENIENT 24/7 ON-DEMAND SEMINAR & PODCAST.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.