Learn the latest on Effective Depositions: Powerful Techniques with the Titans with this convenient, 24/7 On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast. Register to obtain CLE & MCLE credit, online access to course & reference materials, and attend this on-demand seminar. YOU MAY LISTEN FROM ALMOST ANY TYPE OF COMPUTER OR IPOD. ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE.
Effective Depositions: Powerful Techniques with the Titans Benefits:
90-Minute On-demand Seminar & Complimentary Podcast
Listen as many times as you wish and ACCESS TO THE RECORDING AND MATERIALS DOES NOT EXPIRE
udes Online Access to Course/Reference Material & Complimentary Podcast.
Register for CLE & MCLE credit - specific credit hours are listed at the bottom of this page.
From the cutting-edge strategies to best practices on Taking & Defending Effective Depositions, this convenient, on-demand seminar features three titans to teach you the techniques and tactics to take and defend the most effective depositions. They will cover strategies on key witness preparation, skills to best ensure your is a flawless deposition witness, formulating tough questions, ordering questions during the deposition, introducing powerful depositions to for impeachment and refreshing recollection, among numerous other cutting-edge strategies used to secure victory in litigation. Specific emphasis will be placed on successful use of depositions before juries and courts, including skills to draw attentions to facts that advantage your client. Our distinguished seminar faculty will also cover ethical considerations to ensure compliance with the evolving rules of professional conduct.
The seminar faculty will cover myriad methods, from the very simply to the very sophisticated, to advance your skills in preparing witnesses for depositions and obtaining valuable insight from adverse witnesses at the deposition. Course materials will serve as a treatise on these advanced techniques, as well as an exhaustive reference source for your future reference. The nationally recognized instructors will share many real life case histories and anecdotes that will readily illustrate the effectiveness of various methods. Register today to learn the cutting-edge skills and latest ethical rules to prepare for, take, defend, and utilize effective depositions to advantage your clients. Agenda: Effectively Preparing for the Deposition:
1. Strategies on Effective Witness Preparation
2. Effective Strategies on Prepping the Client to be A Terrific Deposition Witness
3. Ethical Issues Related to Preparation Practices & Avoiding Perjury
4. Winning at Deposition Conduct Taking & Defending Effective Depositions
1. Winning Techniques with Open Ended Questions
2. Strategies on Winning at “Big” & Explanatory Questions
3. How The Rules of Evidence Can Secure Victory
4. What Excellent Lawyers Do To Get Complete Answers
5. A Change in the Rules for Video Performances
6. The Most Important Coaching Not to Give Your Client
7. Effective Practices for Protecting & Defending During the Deposition Effectively Using Depositions at Trial & Mediation:
1. Effective Strategies on Live Witness v. Use of A Deposition
2. Differences between Depositions of Parties & Non-parties
3. Winning Techniques on Impeaching by Utilizing the Deposition
4. Best Practices on Refreshing Recollection through the Deposition
5. Effectively Introducing Deposition Testimony to the Jury
6. Skillful Advocacy: Admissions & Powerful Testimony Recorded Question & Answer Session with the Experts Biography of Seminar Faculty:
1. David Sonenshein
is the Jack E. Feinberg Professor of Litigation at the Temple University Beasley School of Law. Prior to beginning a 30-year teaching career, Professor Sonenshein practiced for many years and continues to serves as an expert witness, consulting for many of the country's most respected firms and federal agencies on evidence, deposition practice, expert witness practice, motion practice, and trial advocacy. In addition, Professor Sonenshein has trained hundreds of federal judges in evidence over more than two decades. He has co-authored more than 20 books on evidence and has been published extensively in the fields of evidence and civil procedure in the best law reviews in the nation. Professor Sonenshein has received numerous awards for distinguished service both in and out of the classroom.
2. Sander Bak
is a Partner at Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, where he has represented domestic and international corporations in many significant federal court litigations. He served as counsel in a matter in which he represented a foreign head of state, he has successfully argued complex constitutional issues related to wartime application of federal financial laws, he has been involved in several high-profile trust and estate matters, and he has had success in securities litigation matters, leading a well-known media publication to cite Mr. Bak for his securities litigation expertise. Mr. Bak has written and lectured extensively on international law and securities litigation issues. He previously practiced at Cravath, Swaine, and Moore. Mr. Bak holds a J.D. from Columbia Law School.
3. Reuben A. Guttman
is a Director at Grant & Eisenhofer, P.A., where he concentrates his practice on complex litigation and class actions. He has extensive experience in claims brought under the Federal False Claims Act, the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), and the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). He has served as counsel in many of the largest recoveries under the Federal False Claims Act including the recovery of $300 million from the oil industry, $2.3 billion in a settlement with a major pharmaceutical, $30 million under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act on behalf of nuclear weapons workers at the "Manhattan Project" nuclear weapons sites, among others. Mr. Guttman’s expertise has led him to be called upon by the United States Congress and as an advisor to President Bill Clinton's transition team on labor policy, worker health, and safety regulation. He has also appeared on ABC Nightly News, CNN, Bloomberg News, and been quoted in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, and The Los Angeles Times, among many others. He is a graduate of Emory Law School. Who should attend this seminar?
Attorneys, paralegals, and legal professionals.
You will receive access to recording, podcast, course & reference material, and information related to CLE/MCLE credit as soon as you register with a credit card or when your check is processed.CLE ACCREDITATION: Rossdale CLE is a national leader in attorney education and has trained thousands of attorneys, paralegals, and other legal professionals.
Attend this on-demand seminar & podcast for CLE & MCLE credit with the following pending & approved jurisdictions:
1. Alabama State Bar MCLE Commission for 1.5 MCLE credits
2. State Bar of California for 1.5 MCLE credits
3. The Florida Bar for 2.0 CLE credits
4. Georgia Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
5. Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
6. The State of Nebraska for 1.5 CLE credits
7. The Nevada Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
8. The New Mexico Minimum Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
9. The New York State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
10. The North Carolina State Bar Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 CLE credits
11. The Oregon State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
12. The Rhode Island Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 1.5 CLE credits
13. The State Bar of Texas for 1.5 CLE credits
14. The Utah State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
15. The Vermont Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 1.5 CLE credits
16. The Virginia State Bar for 1.5 MCLE credits
17. The Washington State Board of Continuing Legal Education for 1.5 MCLE credits
18. The Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for 1.5 CLE credits
19. The Wyoming State Bar for 1.5 CLE credits
Additional States - call customer service at (888) 626-3462REGISTER FOR CLE CREDIT AND LISTEN & LEARN AT YOUR CONVENIENCE WITH THIS 24/7 ON-DEMAND DOWNLOADABLE SEMINAR.
You will receive an on-demand download of the seminar, accompanying materials, and information to report the CLE credits as soon as you register with a credit card or when we process your check.