Get CQ Certified!
Now available -
VIRTUAL (web-based) & IN-PERSON Options!
Approved for credits
by the ACMP, HRCI, ICF, PMI and now SHRM!
Build skill using the CQ Assessment - the only tool to diagnose and develop Change Intelligence
Learn how to build the CQ of leaders you coach, teams you facilitate, and organizations you serve to execute successful, sustainable change
Receive the CQ Toolkit with dozens of reproducible action planning, coaching, training, and meeting facilitation materials
Access to the CQ Assessment for your clients/company at discounted rates
Become a member of the CQ Community of Practice to stay current and dialogue about intelligent best practices, case studies, and research
Contact Us about
"The real-life case studies, interactive exercises, individual coaching and group facilitation action plans provided me a ton of value - way beyond what's in the book, and way more than I expected! I began using the new tools the very next day with my clients. They 'got' the simple yet powerful process right away, and within a month we're seeing amazing results!"
Want to Experience
CQ in action and
hear Barbara speak?
Here are some upcoming public opportunities:
South Texas Human Resources Symposium –
February 7-8 – San Antonio, TX
The Chair Academy –
March 26 – Atlanta, GA
Top Talent Summit –
April 10-11 – Vancouver, CA
Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) Global Conference –
April 28-May 1 – Orlando, FL
ASQ-Illiana Meeting –
May 21 – Location TBD
Empowering Women in Industry Summit – September 26 – Chicago, IL
Women and Manufacturing Talk Radio - serving as a guest host, listen to podcasts of Barbara interview amazing women make a difference in manufacturing and STEM fields
If your organization is a member of the Institute for Management Studies, join me in Columbus on April 4 or Boston on April 25!
How can I start building my Change Intelligence today?
and download two free chapters of the book. Check out our many case studies and client testimonials!
Read the except of Change Intelligence published in
What's my CQ?
How can my team /organization develop our collective CQ to lead successful and sustainable change?
Check out the CQ Certification Process, and email me at btrautlein@
changecatalysts.com to start your journey.
Interested in having Barbara speak for your company or organization? Visit ChangeCatalysts.com/
Speaking to learn more.
Want to connect on social media?
I'd love to hear from you:
*The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Happy New Year!
I trust this ezine finds you emerging from a wonderful holiday season and excited to embark on a new year brimming with positive possibility.
At the same time, I know that many of us experienced at least some stress during the holiday season and have come back to work to face “opportunities” that may look more like overwhelming challenges.
In the spirit of “something old, something new,” insights from The Drama Triangle and its alternative, The Empowerment Dynamic, can be very enlightening as we reflect on lessons learned from the past and commit to new ways of being.
© David Emerald TED 2019
Back in the 1960’s Stephen Karpman devised The Drama Triangle to depict the common but dysfunctional roles we can all fall into in our relationships at home and at work. Early this century David Emerald created The Empowerment Dynamic as a way to transform these mindless and destructive characters, stuck in past-based vicious cycles of misery, into intentional and constructive protagonists, capable of partnering together toward a brighter future:
- People who feel like Victims, powerless in the face of forces beyond their control, transform into Creators, masters of their own fates.
- People who are exhausted from endlessly Rescuing others, transform into Coaches, helping others help themselves.
- People who seem like Persecutors, appearing to bully or blame others, transform into Challengers, asking hard questions that forge proactive progress.
To learn more, check out this excellent video created by The Conscious Leadership Group, which does a wonderful job explicating these dynamics in a clear, relatable, and actionable manner. I also suggest visiting their website, and explore their many powerful resources, which you can share with your team!
The Change Intelligence/CQ Triangle helps people, teams, and organizations flip from drama to empowerment. When we facilitate honest, transparent conversations focusing on “what” changes are occurring and “why” they are needed (enlightening the Head), on “how” best to make them happen (equipping the Hands), and on “who” to involve (engaging the Heart), we foster an environment of curiosity and commitment, and banish blame and disengagement.
To put these ideas into practice for the New Year, here are some specific steps you can take to become an even more Change Intelligent leader, and learn about how to help your team and organization build CQ – and drop the drama - right away:
- Register for a free webinar on Change Intelligence, in which you’ll learn how to diagnose and develop your CQ and walk away with actionable strategies you can apply immediately on-the-job. Even if you can’t attend live on January 10, you’ll receive a link to view the recording at your convenience.
- Join me for the CQ Certification Program, designed to accelerate your ability to lead successful and sustainable change – and to provide you the coaching and resources to enhance the Change Leadership capabilities in the people you coach, teams you facilitate, and organizations you serve. We begin on January 18!
- Attend any of the events I’m speaking at (listed in the left margin!) – I’d love to meet you, learn about your change challenges, and share ideas about how to keep the triangle flipped toward conscious empowerment for ourselves and our organizations.
In closing, I’m honored that you are reading this ezine and thrilled to be connected with you. Please contact me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01.847.571.4387 if I can be of any assistance in building change leadership capabilities for the New Year, and beyond.