Return to the Setup Menu
The Attributes page is where you manage and create new product, category and global attributes.
You will first notice the Create Attribute page where you can create and save a new product, category or global attribute.
and buttons. Use the Search bar to search for specific product, category and global attributes you have previously created. The button when clicked you will be taken to the
When you have created any attributes they will appear in the table below the Search bar and includes the following fields:
- Name - This column lists the name of the attribute.
- Description - This column lists the descriptions you assigned to each of your attributes.
- Type - This column lists the type of attribute, either Product, Category or Global.
- Takes you to the edit attributes page where you can modify your attribute.
- This button will delete your attribute.
The Create Attribute page and the Edit Attribute page are were you create and modify your product, category or global attributes and contain the following fields:
- Type - This drop-down is where you select the type of attribute you wish to create. You can choose between Product, Category and Global Attributes.
- Name - This is where you enter the name of your attribute. Keep in mind the name should be relevant to the information you plan to use the attribute for.
- Description - This is where you enter the description of your attribute; describing what the attribute is used for or any other helpful information.
- Format - This is where you select what type of attribute you wish to choose. Your options are short text or long text. Short text is a standard single line text field with a limit of 255 characters. The long text is a multi row text input field that is HTML enabled.
- Default Value - Any text entered here will be automatically displayed in the associated attribute field on all new products, or new categories created. On Global Attributes, the default value will be the contents rendered by merge codes when used.
button will save all changes and the button will save your changes and create a new attribute with the same settings.
Note: You are limited to 100 attributes for each attribute type (product, category, global). If you need to create more attributes, you will have to delete previous attributes.